I really slacked on keeping this blog up last year-as in I didn't do it all.
So-here is my public announcement to try and keep better updated this year. I will do my best.
The kids are doing very well so far learning rules and procedures. I always forget how much leg work there really is to do in the beginning of a school year. Again-any reinforcement from home is appreciated. We are currently working on listening when it's rug time and using inside voices all of the time.
For our first and second week, we talked about the letters A and B. All about me, Apples, Bears and our Bodies. I really hope your kids are coming home and sharing a little about what we're talking about at school. Things like-they have unique fingerprints, apples have a little star inside and come in various colors and tastes, the story of the 3 Little Bears and that you can estimate the size of a heart and brain with your hands. Interesting stuff!!
We had a wonderful time at our backyard Olympics. The kids rotated in three areas: Bean Bag toss, Frisbee throw and the running station where they hopped over cones, zig-zagged through them and then had a good old fashioned foot race. Every child won a gold medal too!!
Lastly, we have learned a few songs such as a "Days of the Week" song and we are starting to learn an "ABC" song. It can be found on the signing time songs volume 2. Your children have also learned most of the Zoo Phonics Letters. We have learned A-S so far and will finish the alphabet on Monday/Tuesday of the upcoming week. If you would like a copy of the Zoo Phonics animals that we learn in class, please either comment here or send me an e-mail.
So-there's our first two weeks all wrapped up. Stay tuned for more updates soon. I really will try to update on Thursday or Fridays of each week. And any comments are GREATLY appreciated. I hope that your children are sharing some of what we are doing here at school.
** Here is my cute student of the week. Check back-you never know when you may see a familiar face!
No comments:
Post a Comment