Friday, October 2, 2009

Bb and Cc Weeks

I have to get used to updating my preschool blog again! It sat still over the summer months. I will try to do better for you moms who are reading (and hopefully commenting!!)

Our Bb week consisted of talking about Bears, Bodies, and our Backyard Olympics. The children loved bringing their bears who sat quietly and watched us during the first part of the day when we learned the story of Goldilocks and then made puppets to tell the story. I hope your children told you the story when they got home. We had a teddy bear parade, sorted our bears by size and colors and then practiced more sorting by doing some gummy bears. Take the chance to let your kids sort objects when they're around.
We then talked a lot about our bodies and what is inside of our skin. The kids should be able to show you with their hands approximately how big their brains are as well as their hearts. The were fascinated (and probably still a little confused) to learn that when our blood is inside of our bodies, it is blue! The kids were measured, weighed and had their hair and eye color recorded. We then ventured outside to take part in our Backyard Olympics, complete with opening flag waving ceremonies. The kids participated in frisbee throw, ball toss, running and cone jumping. All of them received gold medals and I was proud of their hard work!

Cc week started off by talking about Cookies and Clowns and then of course circles. The cookies I hope made it home in one piece. We did have some masterpieces!! Lots of time and effort and candy went into those cookies. We also talked about clowns and what they do at the circus. We made clown hats and some wanted red noses, some didn't. A few of the silly, crazy, and even sad clowns that were spotted in our preschool are pictured below!!
Our circle day was filled with seeing lots of circles. Fruit loop necklaces, circle caterpillars and lots of other fun circle activities.
Thanks again to my moms who came to volunteer for our fun Olympics and cookie decorating.

A reminder that T-shirt orders and book orders are due Monday and Tuesday, October 5th and 6th. I am looking forward to a "Spooktacular" month!!



4 comments:

Karianne said...

I laughed when Alaina came home with her clown nose painted on! She was SO cute! She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES pre-school and is ready to go by 8:00 every pre-school day. She just can't wait to get there! You are doing such a great job. She really loved "crazy dancing" with her bear on B day. Thanks for all you do, and thanks for the blog. I love to see what really is going on at pre-school;)

Kristen said...

Thanks so much for posting. Jenna doesn't tell me enough. She is loving school and can't wait to go each day. I'm glad they are having fun. Keep up the good work!

Devri said...

Love the pictures! You do such a great job and are so creative! Cooper has a blast and loves to sound out all words now! I love coming to see what goes on too!

Murray Family said...

Jill, thanks for all of your hard work and patience! You are an amazing teacher, and I wouldn't want Parker anywhere else. Thanks for your creativity and love!