Our Ee week was another fun one. We started the week talking about emotions. We learned some sign language for the following words: feeling, grumpy, scared, excited, silly, sick, and surprised. See if the children can show you the signs for these words and maybe sing part of our song we learned. "What are you feeling?" We had fun playing Emotions Bingo and making our wheel of emotions. (I think really the kids liked seeing me contort my face into the different emotions...)
Our second Ee day was all about Eeeek! Spiders!
We looked at several spider books, some factual and some fun. We learned that spiders have 8 legs and 8 eyes. We also learned how spiders construct their webs and then made one of our own. My favorite project of the day was the pumpkin spiders that we made. (I do feel bad that my Monday/Wednesday class didn't have good google eyes!! I may send some home to be hot glued on to finish them off). We talked a lot about the letter E, words that begin with E and of course finished our E papers complete with elephant matching.

We are having fun learning our halloween songs: "I'm a mean old witch", "5 little pumpkins", and "Dry Bones". The kids are fabulous singers as well. I'm just loving each day with them!!
1 comment:
I loved that Jenna's pumpkin spider had 1 eye. She has been singing the witch song a lot. She loves to sing. I'll have to ask her about the signs. Also, she told me that when she's angry or sad, she needs to stop, breath, and think.
Post a Comment